Tuesday 27 December 2011

(Page 3) My gift to you~*

I saw page three come sailing in, 
Come sailing, come sailing in. 
I saw page three come sailing in, 
On Christmas day in the morning!

       How are you all on this wondrous morning?  Good, I hope!  ...Well, I'm glad to hear it.  Oh, and since I didn't get you anything this year, I thought that it might be worth the while to do a little something:  
Here's page three!
       I wanted to have something to send out on the net for the twenty-fifth, but I couldn't seem to find out just what.  Then, I remembered... "I still haven't posted the third page to my blog!"  So, here it is.
       I don't really know what has kept me from posting this one and I hadn't really stopped that to think about it all that long.  I guess that I just wasn't as excited about this page as I was with the rest, but now I've come to find myself in a good bout of inspiration and I plan to get a lot done towards my comic and to what you folks see on the net (because you don't get to see very much of what I have at all!) during the next two weeks that I am at home.  'Two weeks!' isn't it great!!!

There were a couple of boo-boos made with Page 3, I know.
Just in case their not all that obvious to you, I decided that I would point them out:
  Here is what the page looks like when you scan it in black and white.  The black in the background is far more solid when you do it this way and it really strengthens the lines in the details of the cloud and rock. 
  When I went to fill in the solid black myself, I experimented some in using two different kinds of black to see which would work better.  

  Bottom line: Do not attempt to shade things in two shades of black, using different markers, when planing to scan things in colour!  
The results from mixing "Copics with Faber-Castell" can be messy... 
You've been warned. 

Even when I compare it to 'Grayscale' things begin to look different.  

It's good to know your scanner and your scanner's settings well so that you can use that knowledge to your advantage.  

I myself, plan to scan everything in colour when doing the prologue that I am working on now.  And, although I am only using all of the blacks and grays that I have in the Faber-Castell: Pitt Pen series, I find that the variations between the warm gays and the cool grays comes out better when I scan things in colour.  

It's just helpful to be able to identify what it is you are looking for from your artwork, to then be able to choose the right scanner settings that best suit your style's needs.  
________
Okay, so I know that it wasn't exactly Christmas Day when I posted this, but in my mind I had hoped to have it posted for that day.  However, it is a hustle and bustle kind of season, Christmas, and you must understand that I am a busy man.  
                                                                                                                       -No hard feelings, Right? 
<Previous|Next>

No comments:

Post a Comment

All of your comments are greatly appreciated!

Popular Posts