Thursday 26 April 2012

"Atomic Bomb Embedded in Facebook?!" Oh, my!


Recently, I've been working on a presentation for my Fine Arts 113 online course, and it just crossed my mind today that I should maybe think about posting the presentation here.  

There were a wide range of topics to choose from in our introduction to World War II assignment but the outline seemed to be calling for events and people who made the war more towards the side of dramatic (and let's face it, what can be more dramatizing than an Atomic Bomb?!)  So, I decided to run with concept of basing it around this.  

I decided to narrow my topic down from just atomic bombs in general, to the one that fell on Japan and then to "Fat Man" (the one that fell on Hiroshima) in specific.  However, as I was searching around dictionary.com for definitions of atomic bomb this is what came up:  
I feel sorry for Mr. Bomb... Atom's parents must have a really poor sense of humour.
-So does Google for generating absurd adds such as this one.  Don't worry though, I'm sure that Adam's (Oops!) I mean Atom's parents got a good dose of karma the first time they tried to go on a family vacation to Cuba.  "Your name, sur?" Lol...  But wait, there's more! 

This is just too hilarious; I checked the link to the site, and it turned out to be some kind of skincare product. 
-"Let's go rub our skin with leftover radioactive waste from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear reactor in Japan in hopes of bettering our epidermal appeal!"  "Mmkay..." 


Yeah, I don't know about these ads, but I sure hope that my presentation will be worthwhile.  We'll just have to wait and see on that one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All of your comments are greatly appreciated!

Popular Posts