Monday 28 May 2012

What I like: Visual art


This was originally done on Feb 11 for my Fine Arts online course at school.  Now, I know that I said that I was only going to post these kind of things on Mondays (art interests) and Fridays (art history), but now I'm not so sure.  I have obligations with school that have to be met and the crunch is really on to get things done as the year is rapping up, so it will have to rest at a basis of "post when ever I can afford to" until school is done.  


Section B: Visual Art
Title: Like An Artist
Medium: Comic Strip
Artist: Ida Eva Margrethe Neverdahl



In a few sentences, describe this piece of work and what it expresses (its theme).  Include a sentance telling the message that this piece expresses to you:
In this comic page, the girl tells her story of what it was like for her to take the path of an artist.  It expresses the common problems that most artists feel they have when they think that they have reached their artistic limits.  However, this story gives hope to those who feel that way because it states that this feeling is often something you get before you reach another level of your abilities that you never knew existed until then.  This comic speaks to me, telling me never to give up hope; when I think that I have come to my end, try another route and see where it leads me.

In a few sentences, explain what it is about the piece that causes you to like it:
The story and its images reminds me of myself.  There are a lot of parallels between the author’s life and my own.  I love how the artist chose to use the panels in the comic as an artistic metaphor of the normal boundaries that each person, no matter what the dream or reason for perseverance, sometimes feel they have.  Ida, the girl in the story, shares the same goal as me “to become an artist.”  Seeing that she continues to walk her path and does not give up so easily makes me look up to her.  I suppose that I would like to be where she is today in her career, perhaps even further if I give it a good go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All of your comments are greatly appreciated!

Popular Posts