Thursday 16 February 2012

A Realization

So, I was laying in bed the other night, as I usually do, and my mind drifted off to my blog and the potential it has given me to create and share on the web.  My mind goes to strange places in the brief moments before I drift off to sleep, and, I'm not sure why I thought this or how, but I had the sudden erg to do something more with my blog and with my life.
The most defining moments in my life, the ultimate epiphanies I make, often happen on impulse, like a wave of understanding that washes over my body and makes me want to leap to a conclusion.  It just happens.  I don't know when or why, but it just does; a brainwave!
As these sort of stuff come to my head, I often click my table lamp back on and begin making notes immediately on what I just saw.  But on this particular occasion, I didn't.  I just sat there, and let it all soak in.  I was floating on a sea of realization and of truth, and my body, a sponge.
"I don't blog enough," I thought.  "I don't blog enough to suit the interest of even my dog."  Now, I don't know why I thought my dog, however if I let those sort of things flow past my logical ears, my mind usually reaches some kind of fare ground of logic, so I just tend to go with it.  I only ask myself these questions later.
"My views are down... way down!  How come no body wants to listen to what I have to say?" my mind continued.  "Is it not true that I am working hard to keep a good following?  Am I really that boring?  Perhaps I try too hard to be funny or too hard to be smart."  Then I finally reached the level part.  "Why don't I just play it simple?" 
Play it simple, play it simple?!  What do you mean, brain?  Do I really seem like the simple type?  Playing it simple?  What a load of BS.  Yeah, that's right, cow patties, that's what i think of it... (But then the thought began to grow on me.)
I'm not the kind of guy that simple can ever be attached to in a sentence or elsewhere.  You would have to supper glue me to the word simple and we would still just repel.  I never do anything the simple way, and that's just the way I am.  Life's full of too many complexities for me to bother to try to live "normally."  Yet, as I say that, I do try to compromise with the differences me and the world have by, not necessarily trying to fit in, but by trying to balance my weirdness in a way that allows me to play on the same level as everyone else.  But simple?  I image that it alone would tip my already sensitively calibrated scales.  But I listen to the messages my mind gives me, and take everything into consideration before I dismiss.  ]
Okay, mind.  I'll give it a go.  Me and simple can somehow find a way to get along.  Complexity won't like it, but for the sake of my blog, I will, for now keep things simple.  There, you happy?!
I don't know what it means, I just act upon it.  Who am I to judge what my inner-being has to say.
Simple, hmm? Seems alright.  Sounds, umm... simple.  Simple to me.  Yep!  Sure sounds like fun, being simple... and plain and boring and... I don't know, regular?
...
My brain's an jerk!  You know that?
Maybe that should be my realization instead?!
Playing it simple with my blog, "Pft!"
What kind of advise is that?!
You want to know what it is I need to do in order to attract more views.  Hmn, brain?  I need to dig a little deeper, that's what!  You can't plant an oak in sand, it needs room to grow!
Why limit yourself and your life's experience to just one drop of hope when there is a whole ocean to be sailed upon and the wind is in the East?
Shove off shore, that's what I say!  Spread your routs and make room to grow!  
Punch a hole in the ceiling of your limits, so that you can stretch out your limps to their full potential!
I'm through with telling myself somethings not good enough to be shared.
If we didn't ever try to love, then who would ever love us back.

I'll start living life differently tomorrow, and I won't stud my growth with false-truths and straight-lies.  Trust your instincts, your heart and soul, and put your tattered thoughts on the back burner.  They are forgotten leaves in a teabag that has bitter'd days on the stove.  Don't drink that poison!
Dance to the rhythm of your own tune and make your own lemonade.
The lemons that life throws you may be a little quirky and sour, but who cares when you're making 10 bucks-an-hour!  I'll live life to the fullest; forgive and forget myself for the things I've done,
because what's life without a little complexity?  Hmm? 
_________
Yeah, I don't know what this post was all about. But I felt that I had to post something anyway, so I did. :)
New posts will start showing up on Wednesdays! (Or so I hope... however failure is not an option.)
It's just a little goal of mine.
deviantART soon!  Hopefully this weekend.  It's part of my stretching out.
See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All of your comments are greatly appreciated!

Popular Posts